Minutes of all Board Meetings can be found under Documents > Board.
Upcoming Board Meetings
April 24, 2017 7:00pm EST / 4:00 pm PST — via internet
- Meeting information: Mon 4/24/2017 https://uberconference.com/orienteeringusa or call 617-600-7233
- Review minutes of 3/25/2017 meeting
- 50th Anniversary Funding proposals.
- Report from Board members on action items for youth (ask club to participate in WOD; recruit committee member)
- Rochester convention (Iam Smith)
June, 2017: phone meeting TBD
Saturday, Sept 16th, 2017 2:00 pm: Annual General Meeting followed by Board Meeting
This meeting will take place in the Humphrey Nature Center at the Rochester Orienteering Club national meet.
Wednesday, February 1, 2017, 7:00-8:30 PM EST - online/phone
Saturday, January 14, 2017, 2:00-5:00 PM EST — at Georgia Navigator Cup, Pine Mountain, Georgia
- Approve minutes of last meeting
- Update on 2016 annual fund; 2016 financial report (if available)
- Financial policies (revised operating reserves policy; team fund policy; other)
- 2017 budget (including estimated spending from carried-over team funds, 50th Anniversary Fund spending)
- Financial education for board members - presentation and packet
- Insurance (new memo to clubs; existing insurance page; presentation by Loomis insurance agent Greg Joly)
- Executive Direction transition (review tasks and assignees; address any issues; report from Kris and Greg on marketing knowledge transfer)
- Orienteering North America report (Kris, Pat)
- Competition and athlete development
- Rules change request by the senior team: change "2 weeks" to "1 week"
- Rules change request by Trail-O ESC. Rationale
- Reports from Junior Coach: Q4 2016 report; JWOC results
- Junior Programs in Clubs working committee
- International events: 2018 World Cup and WM ski-O (issues: paying for anti-doping fees, IOF fees and OUSA fees); 2020 WMOC (update from BAOC, who are looking into applying to host); 2020 WUOC (open for bidding); 2021 World Games (need budget to send event director to 2017 WG in Poland)
- Reports from VPs and/or committees.
- New Business
Monday, December 19, Teleconference, 7:00-9:30 PM EST
Monday, December 12, Teleconference, 8:00-9:30 PM EST
Monday, November 28, Teleconference, 8:00-9:30 PM EST
- 2017 Championship bids from BAOC and LAOC
- JTESC rules change request
- Insurance requirements of team athletes
- Safety guidelines for club-sanctioned activities
- Committee reports, including Finance and Sanctioning
- Supporting documents
- Championship bids
- JTESC Rules request change
- Committee reports