DVOA will have an A Meet, currently called The Ridley Fox Trot, on March 21 and 22, 2015. It will feature 2 days of Trail-O in a fabulous suburban Philadelphia locatation.
US TrailO Championships.
2014 US Trail-O Championships - Saturday August 9, 2014, hosted by RMOC, in connection with the RMOC two-day US Classic Orienteering Championships A-Meet on August 9-10, 2014.
- The Classic Champs will use the Round Mountain and Badger Gulch maps, the Trail-O Champs a portion of the Round Mountain map. Terrain is moderate dry open pine forest, with some aspen, and scattered discrete rock features - rocks, rock outcrops, rocky knolls.
- Meet headquarters is at the M Lazy C Guest Ranch on the east edge of the Round Mountain map, one mile north of highway US 24. The turnoff to the ranch is five miles west of Lake George on US 24, which is 20 miles west of Woodland Park, itself a few miles west of Colorado Springs, Colorado.
- The Trail-O prestart and finish will be a few hundred meters walk from the ranch.
- The course will have a three-control timed station followed by approximately 16 controls, about two km in length, minimal climb, with extra time added for some trail rough spots and the altitude (8500 ft.), for a total time allowance of probably 120 minutes.
- First starts for the Trail-O will be at noon, to run until approximately 2:30 p.m. First starts for Day 1 of the A-Meet are scheduled for 9:00 a.m. Trail-O participants also doing the A-Meet will be given early A-Meet starts.
- A waiver has been requested to use the latest 2014 version of the Competition Rules for IOF Trail Orienteering Events (available at http://www.orienteering.org/), with respect to timing and scoring of the timed controls.
Course Setter - Sharon Crawford; Course Vetter - Peter Goodwin.
2014 World Trail Orienteering Championships, Trentino, Italy, July 7-11
Information, including results, maps, and some photos, may be found on the organizer's website.
In the Pre-O, Sharon Crawford finished in 6th place, Clare Durand in 39th, and Steve Beuerman in 63rd in the Open Class. We had no Paralympic Trail Orienteers competing this year.
In the Temp-O, the best U.S. placing was Clare Durand's 55th; no one qualified for the Final.
National Ranking EventBoggs Moutain State Forest, Cobb, CaliforniaMay 31, 2014 Click here to linkAwards for top three in Open, Paralympic & Junior classes.
The TempO at the Mason Dixon event is coming along nicely. There will be two stations with 5 controls each. There will also be a model event with 5 controls.
DVOA is planning to have a Trail O event at the local December event at White Clay Creek as well as have a two day A-event next April that could serve as the Trail O championships for 2015
Events do not have to be national level to be listed. If your Club is holding a Trail O Training event, please send the information in so others have a chance to participate.
To add your event, please email the Trail O editor.